Welli-lang

Two weeks ago, I went to Wellington to visit a friend and to regroup (although there were plans of going to NZ before, this was not that plan. I also booked it on my birthday, just to use the birthday gift excuse). No itinerary, except to eat and eat and eat and probably drink, because that's how life is supposed to be, amirite?

View from Mt. Victoria Lookout

I was told that it would be rainy during the days that I'd be there (well.... maybe I was told that it would be effing cold and windy but I refused to listen), so I just bought enough "Spring" clothes (shorts and cotton shirts). And yup, I should have probably listened carefully. Tagos sa buto ang hangin beh. Ngatog buong katawan. It was indeed Windy Wellington.

As usual, 2016 being 2016, earthquake on my 2nd night, then strong gale (it was the first time I heard of gale, kala ko typo lang ng hale, haha), non-stop rain, and lots of aftershocks. Very exciting indeed. Good thing I had 10 days to spend.

So what to do when you're in Wellington?
  • Te Papa Museum - One of the best museums I've been to. Well, I really haven't been to a lot. It could take the whole day though. I wasn't able to visit all the exhibits, but enjoyed those that I did. 
  • Parliament Tour 
  • Wellington Botanic Garden 
  • Mt. Victoria Lookout
  • Weta Workshop Tours
  • War Memorial Park
  • Old St. Paul Cathedral
  • Wellington Museum
  • Tambay tambay sa Queens Wharf, people watching ganern.
Where to eat and drink?
  • Lounge Bars!!! You know the type of bars where you don't have to shout to hear each other? Very apt for the lola in me. 
  • There are a lot of beer places too if you love beer
  • Kazu Yakitori & Sake Bar
  • Charley Noble
  • Tommy Millions
  • Flight Coffee Hangar
  • TK BBQ Buffet - Of course I have to have korean bbq. It's similar to Donday with lesser options but I love that they have odeng and tteokbokki.
  • And there are food trucks around the Wharf on weekdays
  • BLACK PUDDING!! Blood sausage
Transportation's quite expensive compared to Melbourne though, but you can walk around the city which is actually pedestrian friendly (so be sure to wear walking friendly shoes). There are also activities that can be done outside Wellington, but yeah, lapit lang daling balikan. Chos. 

Looking at my list, I guess I did a lot considering the circumstances. We did went around Paraparaumu too. There are probably other things to do but sometimes it was better to stay inside and watch korean drama and youtube videos. LOL. The only thing I regret missing was the Carter observatory. I can't even remember the last time I went to a planetarium (loljk, I remember, it was in 2nd grade). And I'd probably want to re-watch the LOTR series before visiting Hobbiton.

And to end this post, PICTURES!!

Coffee tasting at Flight Coffee Hangar

Gallipoli exhibition at Te Papa

And here's a calf whose eyelash is better than yours. Not from Welli, but in the far away land of Paraparaumu

I probably passed by this one more than I remember. 

Botanical Garden. #insertdeepquote

Old St. Paul Cathedral.

'Ge lang bes.
And here's a picture of a cat. Just because. <3

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Body non-issues (well hopefully)

Bye Felicia!

Late Night